Whittington Health trust are looking for Band 6 Community Rotational Physiotherapists to join their bank team as an autonomous practitioner to provide a high standard physiotherapy service to patients within Whittington Health as part of a six monthly rotation through Whittington’s Community Adult Service.
Main Duties of the role will include but are not limited to:
- As an autonomous practitioner, to assess and treat own caseload of patients, including those with complex presentations. In each rotation treatment decisions will be underpinned by specialist knowledge gained from post graduate study of evidence based treatments and from previous experience.
- To carry out assessment of patients, including those with complex presentations, drawing on a wide range of information sources and using clinical reasoning skills to determine an accurate diagnosis and to identify an appropriate physiotherapy care plan from the many treatment options available.
- To utilising a wide range of treatment skills in delivery of treatment plans having the highly developed physical skills necessary for provision of effective physiotherapy treatment
- To formulate and deliver physiotherapy treatment programmes in a variety of settings and as part of a 24/7 service. Settings include: hospital, community, patients’ home, home visits, as part of a team, as a sole practitioner and as on call physiotherapist.
- To work collaboratively to prevent inappropriate hospital admissions and to facilitate hospital discharge in order to minimise hospital stays.
- To work with patients and their carers when appropriate in such a way as to promote their self-management strategies.
- To represent the service at the multi-disciplinary team meetings. This will include discussion of patient care, progress and involvement in discharge planning and continued rehabilitation needs.
- Current HCPC registration
- 6 months NHS experience in a similar role
If you feel you have the skills for this role please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.