Whittington Health Trust are looking for Full Time Band 3 Rehabilitation Assistants to join their team. The Bank worker will participate as a generic therapy assistant within the Islington REACH TEAM under the guidance and supervision of a qualified therapist, and independently when necessary. The Rehabilitation Assistant will be actively involved with carrying out rehabilitation, and enabling care programmes, as well as being assigned other duties such as clerical and administrative tasks.
Main Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To independently complete assessment of clients e.g. falls assessments and Mobility Assessments, and report back findings senior Team member. In regards to mobility assessments managing difficult and aggressive clients, administration, liaising with other professionals and ensuring the data base is updated.
- Work independently with clients with complex neurological conditions including physical, cognitive, inter and intrapersonal impairments.
- To feedback findings of these assessments to the team in the MDT meeting and to individual therapists.
- Achieve competencies in Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, Physiotherapy and Psychology.
- Facilitate the smooth running of Rehabilitation Services through a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- To independently complete risk assessment of environment and safety following local and Trust policies.
- To obtain information from clients regarding their interests and skills. Independently encourage and support clients in participating in activities previously undertaken. Feeding back the findings to the therapist.
- Role involves community work
- 6 Months NHS experience as a Rehabilitation Assistant
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Good communication Skills, both verbal and written
- Organisational Skills, appropriate to the job
- Ability to assess a situation and react appropriately
- Must be able to travel
If you have the skills for the role please apply today.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.