Barts Health is the largest NHS Hospital Trust in the UK, supporting communities in East London and beyond with a population of 2.5 million. The Barts Health NHS Trust was established in 2012 and consists of six major London hospitals including Mile End Hospital, The London Chest Hospital, The Royal London Hospital, Newham University Hospital, St Bartholomew's Hospital and Whipps Cross University Hospital.
- To provide comprehensive assessment to community-based adult patients with communication and/or swallowing problems through the use of informal and formal assessment techniques.
- To identify target areas for intervention / rehabilitation and to establish a baseline of performance against which to evaluate outcomes
- To liaise with and educate patients and carers regarding their assessment, and treatment as appropriate, formulating client centred goals for rehabilitation and disability management
- hold a caseload spanning neurological and non-neurological diagnosis.
- The patients will either be discharged from an acute setting and require follow-up or may be referred from the community with long-term conditions and require rehabilitation or disability management
What do we look for?
- HCPC registration is compulsory
- At least 6 months NHS experience but not compulsory
- Physiotherapy degree/or equivalent
- Awareness of current evidence pertaining to physiotherapy and application to clinical practice , using advanced clinical reasoning skills
So, what next?
If you think this position caught your interest you can attach your CV and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you feel like you have questions, please visit Bank Partners About Us section for more information and Job opportunities within our other 6 Trust.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.