The aim of this role is to provide high quality, effective Imaging services within adult and paediatric General X-Ray, Mobile/theatre work, A&E imaging and fluoroscopy. There may be scope to work in other modalities such as CT and MRI, dependant on the candidates previous experience within the modalities, and service needs.
The post holder will work closely with Radiographers and clinical staff of all grades in the safe, prompt and effective imaging of in patients and out patients, observing local and national guidelines; always in accordance with the ionising radiations (medical exposure) regulations – IR(ME)R.
The post holder will schedule work for the general department in conjunction with any additional tests/ward schedules that the patient is undergoing. The post holder will liaise with porter staff to ensure that the patients are transported safely and appropriately to and from the Imaging department.
Reports to: Site Lead
Responsible to: Group Head of Imaging
What experience and skills do you need?
The suitable candidate must have these following skills and experience:
- Fulfilled a varied role as a radiographer in the NHS Band 5 position with evidence of some role extension; or as an experienced NHS Band 6 radiographer in general and specialised Imaging procedures
Knowledge in a range of Radiography, including trauma radiography.
Radiographic technique in accordance to patient limitations.
Experienced dental Radiographers will also be welcome to work specifically in dentals.
Full range of Radiographic Competencies in: General X-Ray, Mobile/theatre Radiography and Fluoroscopy
IT skills, with advanced levels of understanding of Microsoft office.
Patient empathy – with the competence to adapt
Competent to perform IV injections and cannulation (or willing to undergo training).
Main professional/clinical duties and responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and concise records of all imaging received by the patient and track X-rays effectively and efficiently using the appropriate computerised system.
- Use and promote correct manual handling techniques to all staff in work area.
- Responsible for the safe use of Radiation, regarding Radiation Protection within aspecialist area including Intensive Care, Theatres and Resus.
- Ensure that all members of staff and students under post holder’s supervision follow the Infection control policies and procedures within work area.
- Responsible for the care of equipment and accessories in the section in which the post-holder is working and to ensure that equipment used is cleaned, and kept in good order. To ensure that all equipment problems and operational difficulties are reported immediately to the modality or sectional Senior Radiographer without delay. To participate in the Quality Assurance Programme in accordance with the policies of the department
- Undertakes the measurement and evaluation of your own work and current practices through the use of Evident Based Practice (EBP), audits and outcome measures, either individually or with a clinical specialist or manager. To make recommendations for change.
- General radiography on a rotational basis as and when required.
Key Working Relationships
- Site Lead
- Service Manager
- Superintendent Radiographers
- Senior Radiographers
- Imaging Assistants
- A&C team
- Consultant Radiologists
- Referring clinicians and All hospital staff
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com directly.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.