An exciting opportunity has arisen to work as a trained, Band 5, RGN/RMN/Social Worker alongside the discharge team.
The ‘Trusted Assessor Project’ will help to facilitate improved communications between the Hospital, Care Homes and Council and expedite patients back to their residential/nursing homes in a timely fashion.
The project will run until the end of March 2019 and will involve Mon-Friday working, 37.5 hours a week/ part time hours will be considered.
- The primary responsibility of the Trusted Care Home Assessor is to act as an independent and unbiased assessor on behalf of Care Homes in relation to undertaking assessments to support and facilitate effective and timely discharges from Acute Hospital settings into Care Homes by working effectively with the Social Work and Discharge team whilst remaining independent.
- Provide effective input into the work of the Trust, to support the achievement of our vision and values:
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work with the Northamptonshire partners to develop the Trusted Assessor model to support efficient and safe Care Home admission / transfer.
- To support improvements in hospital discharge arrangements from hospital to Residential and Nursing Homes in Northamptonshire, improving patient experience, clinical safety and patient flow.
- To be responsible for developing trusted relationships with Residential and Nursing Care Homes.
- To be responsible for developing agreements to act as a ‘Trusted Assessor’ with the Residential and Nursing Care Homes to meet the requirements of the Care Quality Commission and each home’s individual governance and insurance obligations.
- To work alongside the acute trust to ensure medication and support requirements are in place to enable safe discharge to take place.
Please contact Paula Haynes-Parry with an expression of interest on firstname.lastname@example.org
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.