Gain access to unique training opportunities that will boost your career.
The GI surgery ward, T9, is a busy and acute 31 bedded male and female ward within the GI Division looking after surgical patients in the following specialties: Colorectal, Vascular surgery Upper GI, HPB Medicine, Bariatric and GI medicine.
- Flexible shift patterns offering Long Days, Nights & Weekends
- The opportunity to learn a wide range of skills with patients from ITU/HDU as well as elective surgery patients and emergency admissions.
- Opportunity to mentor junior staff and students.
- Shadow specialist nurses, which will contribute to a wealth of experience.
- A dedicated Clinical Practice Facilitator who will help oversee your professional development.
- A comprehensive induction programme along with a GI study day based training. (Once a small minimum number of shifts have been worked).
The induction programme will include the following;
Access to work alongside clinical practice facilitator to support personal developments and revalidation
Access to training (certified) / developing and advancing skills when undertaking lines of work in our GI wards (at least 3 months)
Access to a mentor/ buddy support
Bank workers receive recognition at ward level
Working with a highly-skilled nursing team and extended MDT
Opportunity to rotate shifts in GI wards (surgery and medicine)
You will need 6 months NHS experience at Band 5 Level and you'll need to be able to think on your feet, working well both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Registered General Nurse
- 6 Months experience in an acute clinical environment within the NHS
- NMC registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We want to make working bank easier and more beneficial than ever. Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically
- An onsite team to offer support and introduce you to various departments within UCLH
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Supporting our Nurses through Revalidation
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.