New Rates Available University College London Hospital are looking for Band 5 and Band 6 Haematology Nurses.
The Haematology Nursing Service at UCLH is the largest in Europe with 5 Haematology inpatient wards and a comprehensive daycare service. It has a national reputation for staff support and development and this is happily extended to Bank Staff who wish to become part of the team here with regular bank working.
We have opportunities for Band 5 or Band 6 General Nurses to join the UCLH Staff Bank who either have haematology nursing experience, or, are keen to gain experience in this dynamic and rewarding speciality. Situated in the West End of London, we have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere, with quick and easy transport links.
What we can offer you:
Regular bank workers who commit to a minimum of 2 shifts a week will be offered on going professional development. For example, a paid place on the acute oncology study day and the 3 hour Sage & Thyme communications training. This will total 10.5 hours towards your F2F CDP for NMC revalidation, or support to develop core haematology nursing competencies such as IV administration or chemotherapy.
After a minimum of 8 shifts and following the successful competency assessments for ANTT, IV administration and CVCs you will be paid a B5+ for your continued commitment to the unit. Bank staff with existing haematology experience and chemotherapy competency will be paid Band 6.
If you would like a tour of the service and a discussion with the Senior Matron or one of the Wards Sisters regards opportunities for bank work with professional development, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- The opportunity to work across all UCLH departments gaining invaluable skills
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A designated onsite co-ordinator to offer support and introduce you to various departments within UCLH
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
If you have 6 months NHS experience and you are looking to further your career in a hospital that has cutting edge technology, please apply online today and attach your CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.