Moorfields is one of the world's leading eye hospitals, providing expertise in clinical care, research and education.
Our main focus is the treatment and care of NHS patients with a wide range of eye problems, from common complaints to rare conditions which require treatments not available anywhere else in the UK. We treat people at our main hospital base in London's City Road and at a number of satellite facilities in and around the capital, which enables us to provide expert treatment closer to patient’s homes. Moorfields has contracts with more than 80 primary care trusts across the country, making us a truly national centre for eye care.
We are also a major postgraduate teaching centre and a national centre for ophthalmic research involving, with the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology, the largest ophthalmic research programme in the world.
You will need to be able to;
- Competent in the use of MEH PAS, epatient, openeyes and computer programmes required for specialist technical equipment.
- To ensure effective communication between staff, patients and visitors.
- To observe working practices and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- To work closely with clinicians and their teams Orthoptist, optometrist and administrators.
Required Skills and Experience;
- 6 months experience working within an acute setting in the NHS
- Excellent Communication, verbal and written skills
- Experience as an Ophthalmic Technician essential
Our Bank workers are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
To apply for this role please complete the application box below and ensure you attach a CV- Please note that applications without a CV will be discarded. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact the bank recruitment team on 02079591130
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.