Bank Band 6 Cancer Research Nurse/Clinical Trials Practitioner 8 Month Placement. University College London Hospitals – qFIT Pilot
University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 5 or Band 6 Research Nurse/Clinical Trials Practitioner to commit to working in the qFIT Pilot study ideally Monday - Friday 9-5 through the Bank for up to 8 months. We could offer some flexibility in working hours.
The qFIT pilot study is led by the UCLH Cancer Collaborative that is part of the national Cancer Vanguard. The qFIT pilot is the largest, multi-centre study of its kind that evaluates the effectiveness of a simple stool test in ruling out bowel cancer. The outcomes of this study will shape the way care is provided for patients with suspected colorectal cancer.
This is a patient facing role; the post holder will oversee patient recruitment, lead on study administration and support endoscopy staff in the running of this research study. This is an exciting opportunity to further develop your skills and experience in cancer research working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, scientists and policy makers. The position based at University College Hospital offers a highly motivating environment using cutting-edge technologies including biomarkers and machine learning.
The national Cancer Vanguard is led jointly by three providers (Greater Manchester Cancer, RM Partners and UCLH Cancer Collaborative) across Manchester and London, and is focused on the delivery of key outcomes as directed by the national cancer strategy, of which the key aims are:
• Improved survival
• Improved patient leadership, engagement and experience of care, treatment and support
• Reduced variation in service provision across the system
• Improving the quality of life of patients during and after treatment and at the end of life
• Improved efficiency and effectiveness of cancer service delivery
• Improved utility and reduction in costs
• Financial sustainability
The role of the Cancer Vanguard is to drive the delivery of these outcomes across the defined population of 10 million and to use models that can then be replicated nationally. The three partners will build on their pivotal roles as system leaders to ensure patient benefit by placing patients at the centre of the new systems.
By working inclusively across this defined population, incorporating all partners from public health and screening, primary and community care, secondary and tertiary care and hospice care led by a strong patient voice, the Cancer Vanguard will provide innovative, high-quality, research-led and evidenced-based care across the patient continuum.
Required Skills and Experience;
- Registered Band 6 Research Nurse or relevant background
- A minimum of 6 months post registration NHS work experience
- NMC registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you are interested in the role and have any relevant experience please contact Marcy Madzikanda on 0203 447 2785
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self-booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
To apply for this role please complete the application box below. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact the bank recruitment team on 0207 959 3550 (option 2).
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.