Whittington Health Trust are looking for Bank band 8b Endoscopy Nurses to join their staff bank.
The postholder will provide a clinical role in nurse led endoscopy service for patients who are undergoing assessment and investigation for gastrointestinal disease. They will perform diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures and follow agreed protocols.
They will be responsible for and manage their own patient case load and work along side the multi-disciplinary team to provide clinically effective and efficient care and treatment.
The postholder will lead the nurse endoscopy programme and provide senior support and training to future Trainee Nurse Endoscopists.
They will ensure that the unit provides quality standards that meet Joint Advisory Group (JAG) requirements and the quality standards outlined in the Global rating Scale (GRS)
They will also be responsible for the operational management of the Endoscopy unit and will oversee the Endoscopy Nurse Manager who will is responsible for the day to day running of the unit.
Develop and continuously focus on improving patient centred care and overall experience within the endoscopy care pathway.
- 3 years post registration experience within a relevant area
- Knowledge of gastro-intestinal disease processes
- Willingness to extend clinical knowledge and skills and carry out research and audits of the clinical area
- Understands physiological systems, disease processes and risks of associated medical technologies
- Able to organise and prioritise workload
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Able to present and analyse complex data
- Critical analysis skills
- Competent in financial management
- Advanced knowledge of GI tract anatomy and physiology.
- Clinical Audit
- Pharmacology in relation to Gastrointestinal Disease
- Experience of Nurse Led care
- Previous management experience at Band 7 or above
- 18 Months experience as band 6 or above
- Experience of teaching
- Masters level education in related subject or studying towards this.
- Basic skills OGD/ flexible endoscopy qualification (JAG accredited)
- Documented evidence of CPD
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.