Moorfields Staffing Bank is looking for experienced RGN's with Ophthalmic experience to work in Moorfields at their satellite site Ealing.
Working independently/autonomously and at times without direct supervision, accountable for their own professional actions. Ensuring the safety and well-being of service users, and always working in a manner that promotes dignity and human rights through the adoption of person centred care principles.
The Moorfields Staff Bank offer a variety of opportunities in ophthalmic sub specialist theatre techniques including cataract, femto – assisted cataract, glaucoma, cornea and adnexal ophthalmic surgical service. There is an opportunity to develop other ophthalmic skills by rotating between the ophthalmic clinics and day units.
Patient and Clinical Responsibilities
- To act as advocate for patients within the area, to ensure a patient orientated approach to the delivery of care and to meet standards within the NHS Plan and other relevant guidelines.
- To ensure that patients’ receive high quality clinical care and a good patient experience, having regard for their customs, religious beliefs and doctrines.
- Carry out those activities necessary to conduct a comprehensive assessment of a person’s nursing requirements.
- Carry out ophthalmic nursing procedures and treatments, checking on and maintaining the highest possible standards.
- To take a clear and concise history from patients by assessing their health and well-being and complete documentation ensuring that all entries are accurate and legible and that all information systems are maintained.
- Recognise and respond to emergency situations including the maintenance of personal safety and the safety of others.
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Qualities
- NMC registered
- Slip lamp and Goldman's applanation tonometry experience is essential
- IV's (preferred)
- Computer skills – Galaxy, Patient Administration System(PAS), Open Eyes, ICAMS, E- Procurement, Electronic Reporting System
- Able to prioritise own workload and that of others as appropriate
- Able to work under own initiative within boundaries of role
- Ability to take responsibility under overall supervision of nurse in charge or medical colleagues for assigned tasks
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual whenever necessary
- Able to delegate duties
- Maintains dignity, privacy and confidentiality of those who you are caring for.
- Ability to use technical equipment after training
- Ability to carry out administrative and clerical duties appropriate to the work area such as inputting and retrieving of information from computerised systems
- Willing to work on established hospital information systems and able to use IT resources: email, work processing
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to shift patterns
- Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Able to articulate reasons for desire to work in this clinical area
- Uses initiative
The benefits of working with Moorfields Staffing Bank include;
- the opportunity to gain valuable NHS experience,
- better control of your finances with a weekly pay, and
- complimentary annual mandatory training.
If you feel your experience is matched to the requirements and are available to work Monday- Friday please apply with your updated CV
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.