New Rates Available University College London Hospital are seeking General nurses to join the Bank and work in T9 which is a GI surgery ward.
T9 is a busy and acute 31 bedded male and female ward within the GI Division looking after surgical patients in the following specialties:
Colorectal, Vascular surgery Upper GI, HPB Medicine, Bariatric and GI medicine
As a UCLH Bank Nurse you will require 6 months NHS experience at Band 5 Level. You will be a highly motivated individual with a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality safe patient care and a determination to improve clinical outcomes and the experience of our patients.
You will need to show a strong commitment to personal and professional development, as well as a desire to teach and mentor junior staff and students. You will also need to be able to think on your feet, working well both autonomously and as part of a team.
We are especially looking for band 5 General Nurses to commit to a regular line of work in the department. Shift patterns are flexible and we offer Long Days, Nights & Weekends to fit in with the ward rota.
What we can offer you
In return for your commitment to the ward, once you have completed a minimum of 2 shifts per week for 4 weeks, we offer a comprehensive induction programme along with a GI study day based training. You will also have opportunities to shadow our specialist nurses which will contribute to a wealth of experience you can gain from working with us.
Your induction will include the following;
Access to work alongside Clinical practice facilitator – to support personal developments and revalidation
Access to training (certified) / developing and advancing skills when undertaking lines of work in our GI wards ( at least 3months)
Access to a mentor/ buddy support
Bank workers receiving recognition at ward level
Working with a highly skilled nursing team and extended MDT
Opportunity to rotate shifts in GI wards (surgery and Medicine)
We will offer you a wide range of skills to learn within our specialist care setting – with patients from ITU/HDU as well as elective surgery patients and emergency admissions. We have a dedicated Clinical Practice Facilitator who will help oversee your professional development.
Required Skills and Experience;
- Registered General Nurse
- 6 Months Proven experience working within an acute clinical environment within the NHS
- NMC registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Core skills training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Supporting our Nurses through Revalidation
For further information contact the Bank Business Partner Jake Hamilton on 07484001243, informal visits are encouraged for Bank Staff, alternatively please apply for the role by attaching a CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.