Staff Nurse – Endoscopy (Band 5)
UCLH has a deserved reputation for patient outcomes and experience which is a reflection of our workforce and its high standards. Working here is a genuine team working experience where staff are valued and actively supported to further develop skills and knowledge. As one of the largest hospitals in the UK we support nursing career pathways to Ward Sister, CNS, ANP and Nurse Consultants. UCLH is a great place to nurse.
An opportunity has arisen for flexible and committed Band 5 nurses to join our highly motivated and vibrant Endoscopy team via the bank. About the Unit
The Endoscopy Unit at UCLH is applying for JAG accreditation and is the only European Society of GI Endoscopy training centre in the UK. UCLH has also been a designated Bowel Cancer Screening Centre for the North Central London Sector since 2007, covering Camden, Islington, Haringey, Enfield and Barnet.
The unit currently has 7 procedure rooms and a 15 cubicle Endoscopy Hub. Patients have various Endoscopy procedures including, cystoscopies, colonoscopies, gastroscopies, PEG insertions, E.R.C.P’s, and Bronchoscopy’s. We also run the laser lists for the National Medical Laser Centre which treats patients with Barretts Oesophagus strictures and cancer patients.
The Unit also hosts regular seminar days with audio and video links into our specialist endoscopy rooms for visiting Doctors and Nurses from other Hospitals in the UK and overseas.
What we need from you:
We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic nurses who have consolidated their learning with post-registration experience at band 5 level in an acute setting and who show a commitment to personal and professional development.
Required Skills and Experience;
- Band 5 Endoscopy Trained Nurse
- NMC Pin
- Proven experience working in Endoscopy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically - “No more paper time sheets”
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Free annual Mandatory Training
To apply for this role please complete the application box below and ensure you attach a CV. If you have any queries then please do not hesitate to contact the bank recruitment team on 0207 959 3550 (option 2).
Our focus is always to provide the best possible patient care and our team values reflect those of the Trust: Safety, Kindness, Teamwork and Improving. If you are as passionate about patient care as we are, we want to hear from you.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.