New Rates Available University College London Hospital are seeking General nurses to join the Bank and work in T9 which is a GI surgery ward.
T9 is a busy and acute 31 bedded male and female ward within the GI Division looking after surgical patients in the following specialties:
Colorectal, Vascular surgery Upper GI, HPB Medicine, Bariatric and GI medicine
As a UCLH Bank Nurse you will require 6 months NHS experience at Band 5 Level. You will be a highly motivated individual with a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality safe patient care and a determination to improve clinical outcomes and the experience of our patients.
You will need to show a strong commitment to personal and professional development, as well as a desire to teach and mentor junior staff and students. You will also need to be able to think on your feet, working well both autonomously and as part of a team.
We are especially looking for band 5 General Nurses to commit to a regular line of work in the department. Shift patterns are flexible and we offer Long Days, Nights & Weekends to fit in with the ward rota.
What we can offer you
In return for your commitment to the ward, once you have completed a minimum of 2 shifts per week for 4 weeks, we offer a comprehensive induction programme along with a GI study day based training. You will also have opportunities to shadow our specialist nurses which will contribute to a wealth of experience you can gain from working with us. We also offer free annual Core Skills Training.
Your induction will include the following;
- Access to work alongside Clinical practice facilitator – to support personal developments and revalidation
- Access to training (certified) / developing and advancing skills when undertaking lines of work in our GI wards ( at least 3months)
- Access to a mentor/ buddy support
- Bank workers receiving recognition at ward level
- Working with a highly skilled nursing team and extended MDT
- Opportunity to rotate shifts in GI wards (surgery and Medicine)
We will offer you a wide range of skills to learn within our specialist care setting – with patients from ITU/HDU as well as elective surgery patients and emergency admissions. We have a dedicated Clinical Practice Facilitator who will help oversee your professional development.
Required Skills and Experience;
- Registered General Nurse
- 6 Months Proven experience working within an acute clinical environment within the NHS
- NMC registration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Bank Nurses are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Access to “Lines of Work” (guaranteed short, medium or long term shifts)
- Priority of shifts over an agency worker, accommodating your availability
- An online self booking system that also allows you to submit timesheets electronically
- Designated onsite Business Partners to offer support and introduce you to various departments within University College London Hospital
- A dedicated recruitment team to ensure you can work as quickly as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that ensures you remain compliant to work
- Core skills training
- A bookings team to ensure you work when and wherever you want to
- Supporting our Nurses through Revalidation
Please apply for the role by attaching a CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.