Operational Support Services and Systems Administrator - Band 4
HRCH provides community health services for around 523,000 people registered with GPs in the London boroughs of Hounslow and Richmond. The Trust currently employ around 1,300 people, who work across a wide range of health centres, hospitals, GP surgeries, children’s centres, local council facilities and in community settings – including in people’s homes. This helps people across the community to stay well, manage their own health with the right support and avoid stays in hospital.
They are seeking a Band 4 Administrator to support the demands of the service on a full time basis
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) provide a wide range of healthcare services for the population of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames.
Services provided include nursing and therapy clinic based services as well as services delivered in patient’s homes, residential homes and other community locations. To support clinical services to be efficient, the administration service is split into a central referral and appointment service and a reception and team admin service.
The range of services that the post holder will support includes the Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Services, the Hand Injuries Unit, the Pain Management Service, the Dietetic service and the Diabetes service.
The post holder will provide a high quality customer service and comprehensive administration service and/or an efficient referral and appointment management service via an electronic patient database system to ensure the smooth running of clinical service delivery
The post holder will manage a team of administrative/call operators staff and will work autonomously using their initiative in meeting their responsibilities. The post holder has supervision of staff and budgetary responsibilities.
SERVICE DELIVERY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deputise for Operational Support Services & Systems Officer/team leaders/managers in relation to administrative issues and act as a focal point for clinic/departmental enquiries.
- To provide an effective administrative service to the team leaders and other health professionals within the clinic/department. This will include production of documents and the management of an appropriate bring-forward system.
- To ensure the day to day running of the administration services in the clinic/department through maintaining office supplies, co-ordination of the stock/non-stock ordering admin processes and liaising with relevant staff and keeping documents and records up to date and accessible.
- To manage and work closely with the administration staff to help maintain a smooth running, professional service, supporting team working and acting as a focal point to help clarify, guide and advise as necessary.
- To be responsible for the smooth organisation of the clinic/department and room booking service.
- Responsibility for coordination and administrative support for dealing with complaints and liaise with appropriate complaints officer to comply with the Trust’s complaint’s policy and procedure. Maintain complaints log.
- Responsible for providing statistical information as and when required to ensure local and national targets are met within the clinic. Reporting and evaluation waiting list for Routine and Urgent new referrals.
- Responsibility for reporting and tracking medical device and equipment repairs.
- First point of contact for department related issues e.g. Estates/HCP/IT queries and admin staff.
- Monitoring and housekeeping of Business Intelligence Portal.
- Monitoring Physiotherapists diaries on SystmOne to ensure the availability of resources by ensuring unnecessary no gaps are filled and blocked slots which are no longer required are unblocked.
- To maintain the housekeeping of caseloads for the Hounslow and Richmond MSK Service and to take the correct actions to maintain an appropriate caseload.
- To take the lead of performance management through the reporting portal to identify wrong allocation to individual patients.
- To monitor the phones, review and implementation of phone rotas to cover the Service.
- To be the point of contact on the Service Lead and Business Manager absence.
- To manage administration staff in line with the Sickness Absence and Annual leave Trust policy monitoring their absence and the running of the service smoothly.
- To take responsibility for recording and submitting on time the sickness, manpower, annual leave and absences onto the monthly team returns, including management of pay books and mileage claims for clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Create forms/documents/spread sheets and letter templates for use by the clinicians/therapists and review SystmOne letters.
- To oversee the use of different IT packages to ensure uniformity in appointment letters, etc and support and train staff to use systems effectively.
- Responsible for producing staff rotas as appropriate.
- To manage the appraisal for Band 3 administration staff and to assist in the induction of Bank, Agency and new administration staff.
- Participate in the staff review process and in the mandatory training and development programmes and those arising from personal development plans.
- Provide guidance and advice when required on relevant policies and procedures.
- To organize distributions of workload to cross cover the service during staff absences.
- To plan the department ahead with rotas/workload and cross training to have a better knowledge of the Service delivery.
Apply online using our virtual assistant and one of our Recruitment team will be in touch soon!
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.