Kingston Hospital Staff Bank have a great opportunity for to take on the role of Bank Transactions Processing Clerk to work within the Finance department, to start on 16th September. The role will be full-time, Monday to Friday for 6 weeks, 37.5 hours per week. A DBS check will be required as part of the recruitment process.
- To pay invoices in a timely manner by liaising with other hospital staff and suppliers to ensure all queries on invoices (payment requests) and delays in receiving invoices are resolved to allow the hospital to meet its 30-day payment target.
- To produce ad hoc information for departments and suppliers
- To prepare and produce the payment run
- To reconcile supplier invoices and provide input for the NHS agreement of balances exercise when required.
FINANCE DEPARTMENT MISSION STATEMENT
The Finance Department is professional and forward-looking. We aim to
- Provide financial expertise as an equal partner in the management process of the Trust, which seeks to provide the best possible patient care.
- Achieve all financial duties and maintain good governance arrangements in order to safeguard Trust assets.
- Adopt best practice with Finance Staff Development so as to be the employer of first choice.
- To check that invoices received for payment are authorised as laid down by Trust Standing Financial Instructions.
- To ensure that only those invoices that have been correctly authorised are matched to valid orders.
- To input all appropriately authorised invoices and timesheets, where speed and accuracy are essential, into the Trust Accounting Systems and complete within the 30-day timescale.
- To manually match invoices to authorised orders, goods received notes, hospital time sheets, prices list and orders.
- To prepare batches of appropriately authorised invoices for input into the accounts payable system, by coding invoices and creating batch totals.
- To check the input of batches by colleagues to identify errors and discrepancies sorting out problems.
- To register invoices under query where there is no receipt or a price difference; advise Purchasing department of error and following up.
- To process credit notes appropriately.
- To raise accruals for invoices and agency time sheets not yet processed.
- Analyse monthly invoice statements and interprets whether paid or outstanding
- To respond to queries from staff, customers and supplier.
- To file paperwork and reports.
Senior AP duties
- To create and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and Trust managers to ensure a smooth running and efficient service is provided.
- To identify any problem areas and ensure that they are dealt with correctly.
- To identify the need for supplier account details to be amended including the VAT status of new suppliers.
- To prepare and process weekly payment runs including management and security of cheque stock.
- To provide on-the-job training of AP starters / temporary staff.
- To organise the workload of the AP Clerks.
- To conformance test new systems as required.
- To reconcile supplier statements
- To participate in the Agreement of Balances exercise if required.
- To identify own training and development needs and undertake appropriate training/education as required, supported by regular PDP.
- To adhere to all Trust Policies and Health & Safety, as applicable.
This job description is not intended to limit the scope and extent of the job to be undertaken and will be subject to review and alteration as necessary, following discussion with the postholder.
Please note that the Trust reserves the right to close vacancies before the stated closing date.
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details and an up to date CV that covers the last 10 years of your employment and educational history and has the month and year you both started and finished in each educational institution/workplace specified. If there are any gaps in your CV due to unemployment, travelling etc, please specify the month and year you were in these circumstances. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
Unfortunately, due to this being a temporary position, we would be unable to support Tier 2 Sponsorship VISAs.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.