Staff Bank have an amazing opportunity, for a Patient Pathway Support Administrator to work within the Surgery Department at Kingston Hospital.
The post holder will be responsible for delivering an effective and efficient support service to speciality/POD teams, to assist in the provision of quality patient care. This will include general clerical and administrative duties that support he administrative elements of the entire patient pathway.
The post holder will have skills in all areas of administrative functions to enable them to support the patient pathway
- To be responsible for the timely processing and distribution of all incoming mail
- Ensure all letters, faxes and documents received into the area of work from whatever source are date stamped upon arrival and processed according to SOP
- To support Patient Pathway Coordinators (PPCs) with printing documents from a variety of systems, including medical transcription system
- Check that all printed clinic and appointment letters are complete and accurately addressed, and escalate any that need correction to PPCs
- Assist the PPC to ensure all healthcare notes and diagnostic results are available for each patient at beginning of the clinic session
- Ensure all relevant documents are filed in patients’ healthcare records according to local standards for turnaround time
- Ensure that all health records are tracked both in and out of the department at all times
- Ensure healthcare notes are filedand stored within the department according to SOP
- Retrieve health records as requested by members of the team
- Book and reschedule patient appointments as required
- Respond to emails about appointment queries as directed
- Assist with booking services for patients e.g. transport
- Undertake reception duties as necessary
- Deal with straightforward queries using CRS and other systems available, escalating more complex queries to the PPC for investigation.
- Deal with telephone queries promptly and efficiently
- Ensure comprehensive information is captured when taking messages for other members of the team
- Deal with complaints from patients, primary care and other staff,resolve where possible or refer onward to senior members of the admin team
- Collect data as required to assist with audits of service provision
- Maintain databases and/or departmental spreadsheets
- Ensure data quality and accuracy of any information entered into information systems is maintained
- Ensure that all patients and colleagues are treated courteously at all times in line with customer care standards and Trust values
- Maintain excellent communication between patients, nursing staff, clinicians and other members of administrative and multi-disciplinary team at all times
- Ensure adequate stocks of stationery, supplies and forms are maintained and used cost effectively within the department, liaising as appropriate with the team leader when stocks need to be replenished
- Participate proactively in projects and service improvements as required
- Assist with induction programmes for new staff within department
- To work as an effective team member
- To contribute to the production and updating o patient information and other useful resources
- To present a professional image at all times to ensure that good communication and customer service is maintained with all patients and colleagues.
Please note that the Trust reserves the right to close vacancies before the stated closing date.
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details and a CV that covers the last 10 years of your employment and educational history and has the month and year you both started and finished in each educational institution/workplace specified. If there are any gaps in your CV due to unemployment, travelling etc, please specify the month and year you were in these circumstances. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
Unfortunately, due to this being a temporary position, we would be unable to support Tier 2 Sponsorship Visa’s.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.