King's College NHS Trust are looking for a Band 2 Receptionist to join the Bank to work Monday - Friday 9-5.
To be responsible for the smooth running of Outpatient clinics, including pulling and preparation of notes, the accurate recording/inputting of data related to the clinic and patient demographic details.
To conduct the business of the Outpatient reception desk/area quietly and calmly; communicating effectively with patients, nursing, technical, medical and other staff to promote the best environment for the efficient running of clinics.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare clinics that are note free, making sure the last clinic letter or referrals and all test results are showing on EPR. Supplying a front sheet and outcome form for use in clinic.
- To locate patients medical notes from other areas around the hospital for clinics that use notes. This may involve lifting of case notes frequently throughout the course of the day and in some cases the post holder will be required to push a trolley filled with medical notes. You will then prepare medical case notes for clinics, and obtain investigation results and all relevant scans and X-rays.
- To renew any old medical records folders, amalgamate any temporary notes into a buff folder and ensure every set of medical records has a sheet of labels and a history sheet that is dated and the patient details are recorded.
- To organise documents in the correct order, securing new or loose sheets on to clips.
- To scan test results and correspondence on to EPR
- To reception outpatient clinics including, the welcoming of patients, keeping patients informed of any delays to their appointment and maintaining accurate records of patient attendance, departure time, appointment outcome, booking follow up appointments and ensuring patient’s personal details are updated.
- To provide adhoc reception cover for cardiac diagnostic reception.
- To ensure that the reception desk and waiting areas are maintained in a presentable manner.
- To deal with patient and staff enquiries clearly, by phone and in person, promptly, efficiently and politely, resolving local issues and relaying messages where necessary.
- To liaise with the Outpatient Supervisor to ensure that they are aware of any potential problems with the clinic.
- To record/update/retrieve data using PIMs/EPR/CRIS computer systems and any new systems as they are introduced, to acceptable data quality standards.To record data using any manual systems in place.
- To work as a member of Outpatients clerical team. Whilst the post holder will be based in an agreed area they may be expected to cover work within other areas of in the Department as service demand dictates
- To assist in the maintenance of the filing system of hospital records held within the clinic area and to undertake any audits that are required.
- To collect and distribute post and test results for the Department, dealing with general correspondence, faxing and photocopying as required. To assist with other administrative duties as requested.
- To liase with medical, nursing, midwifery and other staff as required.
We are looking for someone with strong administration experience.
Please ensure you attach your CV to your application.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.