UCLH NHS Foundation Trust are looking to appoint a Deputy Accounts Payable Manager to their staff bank for a period of up to 12 months, with an ASAP start.
The role will be based at 250 Euston Road, which is a very short walk from either Warren Street or Euston Square Tube Stations and the nearest Mainline Station is Euston which is a 5-minute walk.
This role is a Band 7 and the pay rate is £22.73 per hour and the standard hours will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm although the department is open to flexible arrangements where practical.
The UCLH Financial Services Department is embarking on a process improvement programme, looking to stabilize transactional services following a ledger upgrade and then seeking to transform and modernize processes across the department. This role is being created to create capacity to allow the Accounts Payable Manager to lead and pursue process improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role
- Support the team as line manager and work with the Accounts Payable manager to implement improvements that help the team with the daily workload
- Ensure departmental KPIs are met
- Ensure that the payables risks are monitored and that appropriate senior managers are informed for possible escalation
- Prioritise the team’s work to deliver improvement in departmental KPIs
- Ensure that measures are in place to anticipate the impact of unpaid invoices on the Trust and be in a position to raise the issue and present proposed solutions
- Ensure a regular review of all performance indicators and set objectives which improve the targets of both individual accounts payables administrators and the team as a whole
- The post holder must ensure that performance objectives which are established, such as authority levels and accountability, are clearly defined and that processes are efficiently mapped with control points. Efficient reporting of all objectives and processes must be in place.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all monies owed by the Trust are managed in line with current policies and procedures, minimizing any potential risk to the Trust.
- To ensure that statements from suppliers are reviewed and reconciled on a timely basis according to laid down procedures.
- To co-ordinate timely responses to supplier queries via email and phone, escalating to senior management where appropriate
- To assist in the maintenance of the Trust’s cash flow position by providing regular information on outstanding invoices and anticipated payment values.
- Sound knowledge of Oracle (or other major ERP systems like SAP)
- Appreciation of an environment of Policies & Procedures and its continuous improvement
- Understanding of sub-ledger set up (suppliers and customers) within a major ERP system (SAP or Oracle)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Recent experience in a similar role
If you feel the you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role, please apply on line with your CV and we will be in touch.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.