Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is an NHS eye hospital located in London, United Kingdom. It is the oldest and largest eye hospital in the world and is internationally renowned for its comprehensive clinical and research activities.
We are Bank Partners and we manage the temporary staffing bank within the Moorfields Trust for both Nursing and Admin & Clerical services. As a Bank member you will get first choice of shifts suited to your availability and skills.
Shifts will be available at Moorfields Eye Hospital City Road and their outreaches in and around London, and Bedford.
Bank Partners are currently recruiting the following:
MEDICAL SECRETARIES BAND 4
The Medical Secretary works as part of the administrative team under the supervision of the Administration Manager, and performs the following functions and based in City Road, London:-
- Provide a high quality medical secretarial service to all medical staff.
- Produce correspondence for clinical staff in connection with patients attending for treatment at the Hospital.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing post to appropriate staff on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the turnaround time of both clinical and non clinical workload to meet Trust guidelines.
- Respond to enquiries either by phone or in person promptly or efficiently.
- To provide cross cover for other Medical Secretaries as and when the need arises.
- To assist in the organisation and prioritising of all workload ensuring the delivery of a time efficient service to all who use the department
The post holder will provide professional, comprehensive, confidential and administrative management support to Service Directors and a team of consultant's. Responsible for the turnaround time of both clinical and non-clinical workloads to meet Trust guidelines.
Successful applicants will have:
- Advanced audio typing (60+ WPM)
- Solid Medical Secretary background
- Experience of liaising effectively with staff and patients at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- AMSPAR qualified
- Experience working in a busy environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.