Moorfields NHS Trust the leading provider of eye health services in the UK and a world class centre of excellence for ophthalmic research and education is looking to appoint an audiotypist to their Staff Bank to fulfil a role at one of their sites in central London.
- Provide support to the secretarial service including word processing, filing, faxing, photocopying and audio typing.
- Proactively manage own workload to ensure Medical Secretariat performance targets and Key Performance Indicators are achieved.
- Transcribe clinical correspondence for the consultants.
- Manage the clinical correspondence generated by the junior doctors.
- Be responsible for the efficient distribution of incoming post, answering any routine enquiries.
- Incidental contact with patients and carers relating to appointments and admissions.
- Use Outlook as a major communication tool.
- Follow secretarial procedures and use medical terminology.
- Develop office and secretarial practices to continually improve service delivery.
- Be responsible for providing and receiving patient information, including results of investigations.
- Be responsible for the filing of patient results/documentation in patient records in line with the Medical Records Policy.
- In the absence of colleagues, provide cover as requested by the Medical Secretariat Supervisors and/or Secretariat Manager.
- Tracking in on receipt and out on despatch of medical records brought to the office.
- Ensure that all referrals are dealt with in line with Trust policy.
- Liaise and maintain close working relationships with other secretaries, wards, clinics and other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient service.
- Liaise with Medical Records, Coding and Clinical Audit staff in locating case notes.
- Assist in providing cover in the absence of colleagues within the appropriate area of work.
- Assist in the implementation of induction programmes and demonstrate own duties to new starters.
- Adhere to Trust policies and procedures.
- Utilise the trust’s PAS and other information systems as required. Ensure patient information is correct, amending as necessary.
- Comply with health and safety guidelines, additionally ensuring compliance with mandatory training requirements.
- Agree individual Personal Development Plan with line manager.
- Take every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post as requested by the line manager
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.