Senior Pharmacy Assistant Required
Looking for a job with great prospects and a friendly team - come and join us!
We are seeking Band 3 Senior Pharmacy Assistants to join the Barts Health Staff Bank to work across all Barts Health Sites.
Barts is the largest NHS Trust in the UK. We operate from four major hospital sites (The Royal London, St Bartholomew’s, Whipps Cross and Newham) and several community locations, including Mile End hospital.
To become a successful member of our bank, you will have the opportunity to learn and work in a diverse and stimulating environment and enjoy the support of hard working teams, who put patients at the heart of all we do.
Candidates will have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to work alongside other MLAs and Biomedical Scientists as part of a team. Some of the duties will include preparing samples for analysis, inputting patient data, maintaining lab equipment and dealing with enquiries.
Candidates will be required to cover full time shifts (37.5 hours).
You will be required to:
- To cover for other Pharmacy Technicians/Pharmacy assistants in their absence
- To assist with the training of relevant pharmacy staff in the Medicines Distribution Unit including students technicians, technicians and work experience students
- To undertake other duties as required by the Operational Manager, Medicines Distribution Unit within the scope of this job description
In return for your hard work, the benefits of becoming a successful member of the bank team are:
- Competitive pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Ability to self-book shifts
- Weekly payroll services
- Shift flexibility
- FREE training in the core skill areas (including Health & Safety, Child Protection Level 2, SOVA, Manual Handling and Basic Life Support)
- A dedicated and professional Recruitment, Compliance and Bookings team to support you.
- Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
- Proven experience of good performance in previous Pharmacy posts.
- Experience of working in hospital environment
- Able to provide leadership.
- IT and keyboard skills
- Able to plan own work and the supervision of others in a clear and organised way.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team with different grades of staff.
- Able to work calmly under pressure and to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy. Able to work to policies and procedures.
- Able to use an electric pallet truck to move heavy loads.
- Manual handling skills.
- Numerate. Able to perform simple calculations.
- Time management skills
NVQ level 2 Pharmacy Service
You will need an up to date CV to be considered for registration.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.