General Practitioners to work in the Urgent Treatment Centre
University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Applications are invited for these new posts in the Urgent Treatment Centre at this major London teaching hospital, which is also part of the academic health science partnership UCL Partners.
Services will be provided within our newly redeveloped emergency floor with access to state of the art in situ diagnostics with rapid access to emergency ambulatory care and specialist support.
Provision of high quality urgent care is a strategic priority for UCLH and successful candidates will join us as we embark on our ambitious plans to transform emergency care services for our local population. We seek to embed service improvement, education and innovation in all aspects of our work"
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic doctors who wish to provide high quality clinical care as part of a dynamic multidisciplinary team. The Department sees about 140,000 patients a year, including a significant proportion of ambulatory patients with minor illness and injury. The focus of the role will be to contribute to the provision of care for patients with minor illness in particular. The posts are designed to include a proportionate amount of time for supporting professional activity, which might be relevant audit activity, guideline development, and/or an opportunity to acquire new experience and skills by attending out-patient clinics in the Trust for example. As part of this recruitment we are also seeking to recruit to the post of Clinical Lead for Emergency Primary Care. This individual will, again working on a sessional basis, oversee the development of our urgent primary care services reporting directly to the divisional clinical director
The posts are offered on a sessional basis with up to 10 sessions per week, but it is anticipated that some applicants will wish to work part-time, subject to a minimum number of sessions per month. Start date will be by mutual agreement with the successful applicants. The role will be covered by trust indemnity, and candidates will be eligible to enlist on the NHS pension scheme. The role will naturally provide evidence and workstreams for GP Personal development activities for their yearly appraisals.
- Right to work in the UK
- Full GMC Registration
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within the NHS as GP
Our Bank Locums are invaluable to us and in return for their dedication and commitment, we offer the following benefits:-
- Opportunities to work across sites, gaining invaluable knowledge and experience
- Competitive Locum bank pay rates
- Priority of shifts over an agency workers
- An online self-booking system and dedicated bookings team, accommodating your convenience and availability
- Electronic Timesheet submission
- Onsite office and designated Business Partners to offer daily support
- A professional Locum Recruitment Team that will ensure you are registered and compliant to work shifts as soon as possible
- A dedicated compliance team that will ensure you remain compliant to work, sending out regular expiry updates
- Our own Training Academy offering free annual Mandatory Training updates
Informal inquiries are welcome: contact Dr Chris Laing, Divisional Clinical Director of the Emergency Services Division via Lynne Watson on 0203 447 9889.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.