Barts Bank Specialised Paediatric Occupational Therapist- Band 6
Clinical academic group: Women’s and Children –Barts Health Trust
Looking for a job with great prospects and a friendly team - come and join us!
We are seeking experienced Occupational Therapist’s to join the Barts Health Staff Bank to work across all Barts Health Sites.
Barts is the largest NHS Trust in the UK. We operate from four major hospital sites (The Royal London, St Bartholomew’s, Whipps Cross and Newham) and several community locations, including Mile End hospital.
To become a successful member of our bank, you will have the opportunity to learn and work in a diverse and stimulating environment and enjoy the support of hard working teams, who put patients at the heart of all we do.
Royal London Hospital provide services for a vibrant community, rich in cultural diversity and is a great place to work. Our therapy teams are innovative, creative and friendly, working closely with colleagues from other disciplines to deliver high quality, patient centred care.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic locum Occupational Therapist with energy and drive, to join our team.
The candidate will provide high quality and specialist occupational therapy interventions to a wide range of paediatric patients. This will include the advanced assessment and treatment of both in and out patients, ranging in age from birth to 16 years. Specialist treatment includes providing services to children for hand therapy, trauma and orthopaedic conditions, neurological conditions, post-surgical patients, developmental delay and nonorganic presentations. Services include individual treatment sessions as well as provision of assistive devices (splints), equipment and minor structural home adaptations.
In return for your hard work, the benefits of becoming a successful member of the bank team are:
- Competitive pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Ability to self-book shifts
- Weekly payroll services
- Shift flexibility
- FREE training in the core skill areas (including Health & Safety, Child Protection Level 2, SOVA, Manual Handling and Basic Life Support)
- A dedicated and professional Recruitment, Compliance and Bookings team to support you.
Required for role:
- Degree/Equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- HPC Registration
- CRB clearance
- Evidence of continuing professional
- Knowledge of a broad range of paediatric clinical conditions
- Knowledge of evidence based practice, occupational therapy, government and medical
- Guidelines in paediatric practice Member of the British Association of
- Occupational Therapists
- Member of relevant special clinical interest group Supervision training
- 18 months – 2 years minimum clinical experience in a range of specialities Experience of equipment provision and
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in prescription and fabrication of splints
- Evidence of relevant postgraduate experience in the paediatric field
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
You will need at least 6 months recent NHS employment experience to be considered for registration and an up to date CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.