Barts Bank- Occupational Therapist – Rotational Band 6
Looking for a job with great prospects and a friendly team - come and join us!
We are seeking experienced Occupational Therapist’s to join the Barts Health Staff Bank to work at Royal London Hospital, Whipps Cross University Hospital and Newham University Hospital.
To become a successful member of our bank, you will have the opportunity to learn and work in a diverse and stimulating environment and enjoy the support of hard working teams, who put patients at the heart of all we do.
To provide high quality occupational therapy interventions to a wide variety of patients including the advanced assessment and treatment of patients, provision of individual and group education and treatment, provision of assistive devices (orthotics) and equipment, minor structural home adaptations and provision of complex disability management and advocacy services.
To participate in the Band 6 rotational scheme working across the Barts Health NHS Trust sites which will require working in a range of ward settings and departments including Acute Assessment Unit, Stroke, Neurosciences, ITU, Health Care of the Elderly, Rehabilitation, Medicine and Surgery, Vascular and Amputees, Renal and Hands.
In return for your hard work, the benefits of becoming a successful member of the bank team are:
- Competitive pay rates
- Annual leave accruals
- Ability to self-book shifts
- Weekly payroll services
- Shift flexibility
- FREE training in the core skill areas (including Health & Safety, Child Protection Level 2, SOVA, Manual Handling and Basic Life Support)
- A dedicated and professional Recruitment, Compliance and Bookings team to support you.
- Experience across core rotations
- Ability to detect the deteriorating patient
- Ability to risk assess patient assessment, treatment and discharge
- Ability to assess and treat motor and sensory skills as well as physical functioning
- Ability to assess and treat cognitive and affective impairment, its impact on function, ability of the patient to maintain their health and safety
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational therapy
- HPC registration
Please apply directly to this advertisement, with full and correct contact details. A member of the Recruitment Team will contact you shortly to discuss the role in more detail and to guide you through registration.
You will need at least 6 months recent NHS employment experience to be considered for registration and an up to date CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.