University College London Hospital are looking for a Band 8a Regulatory Manager (Pharmaceuticals) to join Bank Partners to work full time Monday - Friday.
The JRO brings together expertise in research support, regulation, clinical trials, contracting, quality control and assurance, finance and study design and statistics.
Since it was established in 2005 at University College London Hospitals and UCL, the JRO has gone from strength to strength.
Underpinning our work is an ethos of a single UCLH/UCL clinical research portfolio making the advancements in healthcare that will ultimately help improve the lives of patients and care provided by UCLH. Our aim is to enable that portfolio through working directly with researchers and other stakeholders to provide accessible, knowledgeable, proportionate and efficient support activities.
The JRO’s work broadly fits within 3 categories: we support the clinical research portfolio through services such as sponsorship, feasibility, financial management and guidance; we run a quality system for research through our work in Quality and Safety, Quality Assurance, new policy development and statistics and study design; we support growth in the research portfolio through supporting UCLH’s Research Hospital vision, support for our NIHR infrastructure, notably the NIHR Biomedical Research Centre and Clinical Research Facility, and through close working with clinical divisions and service support departments and other research support functions at UCLH and UCL.
To act as a clinical role model for pharmacists involved in the care of patients enrolled on clinical trials and demonstrate the ability to provide safe clinically effective and cost efficient use of drugs in these patients.
- Provide overarching systems that are workable in a broad spectrum of clinical pharmacy departments while ensuring regulatory compliance
- Demonstrate expert clinical knowledge
- follow legal, ethical, professional and employers codes of conduct
- enhance the quality of patient care
- manage difficult and ambiguous problems
- manage uncertainty
- make decisions with limited information
- demonstrate an intuitive grasp of situations based on deep tacit understanding
- demonstrate a whole-system patient-focused approach
- demonstrate advanced level of clinical reasoning and judgement while reviewing and writing protocols
- demonstrate professional accountability to patients entered into clinical trials in the UK and internationally
- develop & validate new and existing protocols for clinical trials
- provide advice to site pharmacists on the appropriate use treatment regimen within a clinical trial in urgent situations using understanding of their situation to gain their confidence and agreement.
You must have proven experience as a Band 8a Regulatory Manager (Pharmaceuticals) to join the Bank, this experience must be up to date and within the NHS.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online today and ensure that you attach a CV.
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.