University College London Hospital are looking for a Bank Band 3 Research Technician to join Bank Partners to work Monday to Friday 9-5 at UCLH.
The post is based within the MRC Prion Unit and Department of Neurodegenerative Disease at the Institute of Neurology, University College London and is part of a well-established multi-disciplinary research team.
Responsibilities of the Post:
The following duties would be undertaken without supervision following the initial training period.
1. Reception of specimens and their 'booking-in' on the computer.
2. The organisation and provision of a molecular diagnostic service for biopsy samples and blood. Including blood fractionation into components and DNA extraction.
3. The organisation and provision of training for other staff members as necessary.
Specimen evaluation and collection from theatres.
Maintaining chemical and equipment stocks.
Storage/ archiving of human tissue samples and derivative samples.
7. Participation in any lab rotas.
8. To take part in any other laboratory duties as and when the need arises.
10. To actively follow and promote UCL policies, including Equal Opportunities.
11. To maintain awareness of and comply with fire and health and safety regulations.
12. To carry out any other duties commensurate with the grade and purpose of the post.
- Research Technician experience in a hospital environment
- Excellent communication skills
- 6 Months NHS experience working as Research Technician
- Be able to use own initiative and follow all departmental standard operating procedures at all times
Working for UCLH Bank will provide you with an array of benefits;
- First opportunity for work placements before agency staff
- Opportunities to work across the trust in different departments gaining invaluable experience.
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated booking consultant available to assist with any queries and advise on suitable assignments, tailored to you
- Electronic timesheet system with weekly payroll
If you are interested in this role, please apply online by attaching your CV
Bank Partners is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.