University College London Hospitals
UCLH is committed to delivering top quality patient care, excellent education and world class research.
The UCLH fact file:
- 2,000 rooms, 12 operating theatres, 1,200 wash basins
- £26 million spent on new equipment
- Young people's floor offers a home-from-home for teenagers
- 1/3 of the beds are in single rooms, so many of our patients have extra privacy
- Houses the largest single critical care unit in the NHS
- 16 floors above ground, two below
- Spectacular views across central London
UCLH now comprises seven separate hospital sites offering general and specialist services. We serve the local community, commuters, tourists and treat patients referred from around the country.
We are one of the largest and most complex Trusts in the NHS, with a £460 million turnover, serving one of the most diverse areas of the country.
UCLH has contracts with 300 Primary Care Trusts and provided 500,000 outpatient appointments and 75,000 inpatient or day case treatments last year.
UCLH was one of the first to be granted Foundation Trust status in July 2004.
UCLH, along with University College London, forms one of the largest centres for biomedical research in Europe. We have over 1200 active research projects.
UCLH employs 6,000 staff and are a major teaching centre offering training for nurses, doctors and other health care professionals.